May Currently

It's May! One month down since I started up my blog again, and I with this post I will have almost doubled my initial efforts when I started two years ago. I think it's a win!

I'm linking up with Farley for May's Currently to share what is going on over here.

Listening: The Hubs is away shooting some turkeys spending the weekend with his friends, and the dog is scratching at the door waiting to be let out. I suppose that means that I will have to be the one to let him out now. I'm also listening to some sweet jams because I am preparing for a lipsync battle with some friends this evening. We've been repeatedly watching all the lipsync battle's that Jimmy Fallon does with his guests and have finally decided to do our own. Hopefully it will be EPIC. I know my songs are pretty amazing.

Loving: This week has been particularly trying. Spring Fever has most definitely kicked in for the kiddos in my class. I'm trying lots of different things to reel them back in, but nothing is working too well. A few days of break is much needed. Although - I have a huge grad school paper that I should be writing right now, so it's not that much of break at all.

Thinking: This is our first year with our new reading series, and now that I know that I am going to be teaching second grade again next year, all I can think about is what I need to do to make things work out better. It is a bit exhausting - especially since there is so much still to do right now.

Wanting: I don't want to sound like a terrible person on this one. Our school puts on a math and reading night each year and teachers are required to go to at least one of them. For some reason, I have always signed up for math and each year, I regret it. Our reading night is more or less an open house with a few fun activities. For math night, we do a lot of math games and it is much more interactive. It sounds more fun to me. I think that's what always sucks me in. The problem is that all but a handful of teachers sign up to go to reading night. So we have 20 teachers planning the open house that has 1 or 2 activities and 5 teachers planning the math game night that has 15 or so activities. I don't mind doing work, but two weeks before the end of school is not when I have time to do it. I have asked several teachers to remind me next year to pick reading night.

Needing: I'm hungry. :) I haven't gone grocery shopping in too long. Oops.

Surprise: Sarah Cooley's Pairs of Pears bundle is adorable. We used it the past two weeks as we learned about homophones and the kids loved it! Check it out.


3 comments:

  1. I've got spring fever, too! I'm lucky to have a husband who does the shopping and meal planning! He figured out early on in our marriage that if he wanted to eat well, he'd have to do the cooking...It just isn't my gift!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so living for the weekends right now! That's the only thing that gets me through the week lately! I can also relate to you thinking about next year. This was my first year as a K-5 Reading and Math Interventionist. It has been a very stressful year trying to adjust to all the grade levels. I previously only taught second grade, so Kindergarten and fifth grade are so far out of my comfort zone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had some interventionist positions open this year, but I wouldn't even consider switching out of the classroom. This is the first year that I will be in the same grade for two consecutive years, so I wouldn't even think of switching to a position that has me seeing all grades every day. More power to you, though, for being able to do it!

      Delete