Stitch Fix Take One

So, on my journeys in Bloglandia, I've come across a website a few times now. It's call Stitch Fix. It's this awesome site that you can use to get personalized styling in the comfort of your home. You should all check it out - it's super easy! All you do is create a style profile, select a date, pay $20, and your own personal stylist will send you five items to try on at home. Don't like them? Send them back in the prepaid bag. Love them? Simply pay for them and they're all yours. The $20 you originally paid goes toward your purchase.

I was smitten with the idea, so I scheduled my first 'fix.' I've been so busy and have stayed late so many nights this year that I hardly ever have time for shopping!

Check out the results! I knew it was going to be here today, and I was a bit nervous about it. Even though I had heard nothing but excellent reviews and experiences from others, I still worried that maybe there wouldn't be anything in it for me. The site does have a limited amount of sizes, and I'm on the higher side, but I still wanted to try it out. I eyeballed the box for several minutes before I was ready to open it!


The outside of the box is nice, but the inside of the box is super cute. They're definitely all about the presentation!


Inside the box was a personalized style card from my stylist, Octavio, with a letter about my items and some options for wearing the different pieces.


 Finally, I was able to check out the things Octavio sent me! I got a necklace, two tops, a cardigan, and a dress. I could tell just by looking at them that there were some winners!


I haven't taken photos of myself for a while, so I had to get in the right mode. My husband - who also took the pictures of me - got me ready by 'teaching me' how to pose. Needless to say, after his help, I was quite ready!

He looks gross because he just came back from a bike ride. He says next time, he'll make sure he primps first.

I tried on the dress first with the necklace. The dress makes me look even bustier than I already am, but I still liked it! It has a pretty lace top with a fun patterned bottom! I think I will be keeping that. The necklace was super pretty and if it was longer, I'd be a fan, but I'm not too big on collar necklaces. My hubs liked my second option, but I wasn't a fan. There was too much fussing that had to happen to make it look right. I can only imagine how much fussing I'd continue to need to do throughout the day.


The third piece I tried on was another shirt. I thought it was a button-up at first, but there are only buttons down the bust. The pattern certainly isn't like anything I have in my wardrobe, but it fit and the hubs insisted that I keep it, so I guess I will. Finally, the last piece that I tried on was the cardigan. I loved it! Unfortunately, when I tried it on, it didn't fit quite right. It was a major bummer.

I liked the pieces, but I think Octavio and I need to work a little to find our groove. I added a Pinterest board to my style profile so that Octavio has more of an idea of what I like. I'd call this first 'fix' a success, but I'm super excited to see what's in my next box!


No comments:

Post a Comment